Monday, November 9, 2009

Method #10 This Wiki World

I visited the wikis as suggested. About two years ago, I created a library wiki in Wikispaces in order to post student book reviews. A few students volunteered to do so, but then our online catalog, Destiny, provided this option, and we switched to using it.

When I redo my library Web page, I plan to use my Wikispaces account to created Pathfinders. I think that Wikis lend themselves to these types of endeavors.

I reviewed wiki examples of procedures and staff manuals, minutes of organizations, lists of events, bibliographies, and training opportunities and instruction. After looking at these examples, I realized that I had placed wikis in the background of Libray 2.0 and that they still have a lot of good uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment