Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Method #12 Reflection and Evaluation

Surprisingly, some of the earlier methods were things that I had put off learning about and practicing on my own such as blogs, clouding, and RSS. The Two-Step program provided the impetus to get busy and learn about these methods and become more familiar with those that I already utilized. For example, I was a big Delicious devotee, but now I understand tagging and folksonomies so much better.

Although I am getting closer to retirement in four or five years, I never want to stop learning, and this program has made it possible. My high school is in a rural area, but our staff attempts to stay on the cutting edge of new technologies. In the past, we did not always suceed because of the distance when we wanted to attend some sort of training, but the State Library's offerings have made this a fantastic opportunity for lifelong learning.

I think what surprised me the most is that once you get started, these methods are not nearly as difficult as we have been led to believe by super techies.

The only improvement that I can think of is that some of my colleagues could not find Methods 1 and 2 on http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/12things/?m=200908. Those two methods are not listed separately. Instead they are located under Archives for August 2009. I know it is a minor thing, but it was all I could think of.

Thank you for providing this service. I look forward to participating in any future training.

No comments:

Post a Comment