Monday, November 2, 2009

Method # 7: Tagging, Folksonomies, and Social Bookmarking in Delicious

I am not sure how long I have been a delicious user, but it seems like several years. It has been an extremely useful tool as far as having access to my bookmarks from any computer and also being able to tag from any machine.

I think it is an excellent tool for different subject areas in school libraries. For many years I have used MyBookmarks, which has been beneficial for creating teacher folders for students to access. With delicious, I can see what others are doing and discover sites that I was not aware existed. That is what is so impressive about all facets of social networking.

It allows me greater opportunity to collaborate with teachers who are scheduled for library research. The teachers also feel more comfortable because with tagging they don't have to worry about proper subject headings although I do urge some comformity just for organizational purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment